View Single Post
Old 11-12-22, 04:15 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Great reading that time off was only 3 weeks and things are returning to pre -C conditions.

Originally Posted by Biker395
....................................I actually crashed about a week and a half ago..................................Thought I got lucky, as nothing seemed broken, and didn't even get a lot of road rash out of it. But oy, felt that broken rib the next day when I coughed. Broken ribs suck................................ Life is good. Well, good enough.
Broken ribs hurt but depending on severity can still allow for turning the cranks. April 2020 was 1st Wild Hog encounter and the 2 cracked ribs + punctured lung + cracked scapula + shoulder trauma didn't stop me from remounting the bike with help from the friend I was riding with and then bicycled the 4+ miles home at 2AM after which wife drove me to the ER. Was back on the bike in 2 weeks. BUT a fractured tibia almost 4 months ago now by a 2nd Wild Hog encounter got me a call for the ambulance ride to the ER by the police officer who stopped by when he saw the daisied crash results I was showing when he drove by at 3AM.

{B}STILL having swelling and slight pain from the tibia hassle PLUS a new and possibly more severe issue happening with the shin. Back to Ortho next week for a look see. "Life is good. Well, good enough. " just not all the time, at time's it just sucks eggs.

Best wishes for a speedy full recovery.

Last edited by OldTryGuy; 11-12-22 at 04:22 AM.