View Single Post
Old 03-20-20, 05:00 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
Do you have enough toilet paper for the food you have?
We should be fine =]

Originally Posted by gregf83
You're getting bogged down in minutia. Once the virus gets hold in a region there isn't a lot of difference in the growth rates. The slope of all the lines regardless of whether it's a city or country is similar. Italy was above 20% per day and now, with fairly draconian measures, they are down to about 15% a day which still results in a doubling of cases every 5 days so not very good.
California is still above 20% day over day increase so it won't be long before your state will be at similar numbers per capita to Italy.

I don't really understand what you're arguing about. It sounds like in your mind this isn't a serious situation and doesn't require any special effort. You sound very much like your president last week. Wait a couple of weeks and I suspect you'll have a different view.
Taking it lightly has always drawn a nerve with me, if you don't think its serious convincing others of the same is only putting them at risk. Going on social media and spouting that stuff is borderline criminal, imo. Slowly but surely the 'Hoaxers' are settling down. There's only 1 left on my Facebook feed and even his bs has toned down.
Likes For furiousferret: