burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Enthalpic
Just make some longer segments, nothing says they have to be "[<3min efforts that blow your load]." Many local segments around here are actual TT race courses.
Actually exactly what I've been doing. Integrate it into the workout somehow.

I've got segments I made near work in Clayton. One 10mi, some shorter for intervals. I did the Team Spoke TT route recently, and the 10mi of Ebeneezer Ch Rd. TT recently also. I did the PNC hour this year also. I went out to Carborro for the Turkey TT. I did some testing and a sweetspot effort on the Falls Lake road race course. The pavement on that route is stellar these days, they repaved the one road so all 10mi of that loop are butter smooth.

I guess I should shift my Strava segment usage to suit what actually interests me. I'm going to head to the Jordan lake area soon enough. A few there I want to try out. The IOS group ride destroyed the one, so won't sniff a podium for that segment....but it's a good little route. G

I almost got the Team Spoke TT route back into the team members hands. I was a few seconds shy. I can do it. Just hadn't eaten well and it wasn't hot enough outside for some fast air. It was like 60 deg F and dry. Needs to be like 80 deg F and humid.

Last edited by burnthesheep; 12-30-20 at 06:38 PM.