Old 05-03-21, 08:00 PM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2611 Post(s)
Liked 3,122 Times in 1,645 Posts
Naw, I'll be camping and mountain biking that weekend. Mothers day is the weekend prior (coming up). For me, I'll for sure do Tour de Murrieta, Barrio Logan, and then one or two Majestic/CBR crits each between now and July or so. So not a whole lot. I can double up on the crits now and race the M35+ and then the Pro race for more training which is nice, makes me more inclined to drive all the way up there (~90 minutes each way).

Come mid/late July I'll switch focus to (loaded) hiking and backpacking in preparation for a Sierra Nevada mountaineering trip in late August. That will more or less end my season and I won't start piling on miles till October or November like usual. You know, go to the beach and stuff like a normal person.

I've learned through the pandemic that I enjoy the training as much as the actual racing. With Zwift, I can get in shape and do "racing" (note the purposeful use of quotations) any time I want. Regarding actual racing, I'm most excited about the return of local/grassroots events that are not USAC, like our TT series and weekly track racing. Man that's fun. I do get hyped about some of the USAC stuff but honestly not a whole lot. Valley of the Sun was a big one I liked in Az, but it's already passed and not re-scheduled till 2022 IIRC. I like that it's a time trialist's race so it gave me something to focus on.

I'm sure puppy Doge knows how to ride and can get by in a CBR Pro race with like 2 weeks of training and a rest day, lol.