Old 05-22-21, 03:28 PM
Grotug

Bikes: Scott Addict Team Issue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Thanks everyone for the helpful replies!
Thursday I didn't ride
Friday I rode 70 min. super easy zone 1 with around 5X10" high cadence spin ups (up to 160 watts for the spin ups).
Saturday (this morning) I rode 63 miles (a little under 4 hours) almost entirely in zone 2 (151 watts avg). My legs felt normal. I only slipped below zone 2 power a few times very briefly. The ride never felt easy, but I often felt I could put down more power than what I was doing. I've never really understood how easy constant zone 2 riding with no resting and trying at all costs to avoid going into zone 1 is supposed to be, but I find these rides pretty challenging. It'd be much easier to go hard for a little bit, then recover in zone 1 and repeat (which is how I used to ride) rather than hold zone 2 power the whole time, but I'm definitely getting better at it. The second half of the ride saw my heartrate go up about 5 bpm even though my power only went up 5 watts. And my resting heart rate (while eating post ride meal) was a bit high as well (fluctuating in the low 70s, but maybe it's normal to have a higher heart rate after a long ride. It's definitely not the first time this has happened. My resting heartrate is normally in the low 40s. I don't suppose there's anyway to adjust past FTP in TrainingPeaks to see how it would affect the training numbers for past rides? All my metrics are still being reported as trending up: fitness=45, fatigue=96, form=-41. I suppose could get my FTP tested again; the place I went to last time is an hour and a half away, though, but the idea of doing it the old fashioned way scares me (has to be done on indoor trainer, correct? Or can I try to find some road where I can hammer for 20 minutes?). That's why I'd rather just guestimate it based on peak normalized power. The FTP I've set in TP is actually based on my recent best 20 min average power, not best 20 minute Normalized Power. So maybe I should bump it from 230 to 240 (0.95 X 252NP = 239.4). At any rate I'm feeling pretty "toasty" so maybe it's a good time to take it easy next 7 days and then start another training block with an FTP test.

I think I might take it easy tomorrow or not ride at all.
Monday I'll do leg openers.
Tuesday I'll go hard and I guess I should skip Wednesday group ride, go easy rest of week and do an FTP test on Friday or Saturday. Any thoughts?
Likes For Grotug: