View Single Post
Old 06-12-21, 06:43 AM
Pop N Wood

Bikes: 1982 Bianchi Sport SX, Rayleigh Tamland 1, Rans V-Rex recumbent, Fuji MTB, 80's Cannondale MTB with BBSHD ebike motor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 355 Posts
NOOO!

I'm a disciple of Sheldon Brown. I put Sheldon down as a mentor on my work performance assessment. Don't think my boss ever figured it out.

The world is changing fast. Not sure I agree with people predicting this to be anything but a good thing for consumers. As someone who grew up addicted to Sears mail order catalogs the biggest advantage of internet shopping is the sheer volume of information at ones finger tip. I learn more simply by seeing all the choices available on a typical internet site then I ever did by talking to a parts guy.

Shame bike shops might go the way of Sears and the TV repairman. But I say embrace the inevitable and look at this as an opportunity to capitalize on the future. The days of stocking enough $4500 bikes to give someone a clear choice of what is available might be over (as if it was ever a feasible reality in the first place). But since there will always be a demand for bike service, figure out a better way of meeting that demand.
Likes For Pop N Wood: