Old 06-18-21, 11:30 AM
AndreyT

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 30 Posts
Sigh... I don't care what "the rules" say, since I'm the one who makes cycling rules, not the one who follows them. Also, I don't really care that much about losing my cycling glasses when taking off the helmet, since my cycling glasses are not corrective (I wear contacts). And, of course, I'm already well used to the fact that when taking off the helmet glasses should be taken off first. Yet I believe that a properly designed helmet should have its straps laying flat on the wearer's head for their entire length. The strap attachment points should be located on the inner surface of the helmet (or very close to it). What Specialized did with its Prevail II is weird. (I have no experience with the original Prevail, so I don't know whether it was also like that).

I ended up retuning this helmet. Got myself a POC Ventral Air SPIN instead. POCs are somewhat goofy and not as "serious" looking as Specialized helmets. POC's design definitely borrows something from mushrooms from Mario universe. But deep in my soul I have always wanted a POC. So, this was my chance. That POC does not suffer from this issue.

Last edited by AndreyT; 06-18-21 at 02:58 PM.