View Single Post
Old 06-18-21, 08:56 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by VicBC_Biker
If the Spurcycle was priced reasnably, I would buy it. There's no way the cost should be more than $20 or so. It's simply an overpriced boutique item - the Gucci bag marketing model at work: charge a lot more and empty-headed, status-conscious people will want it.
And, there's nothing very unique about that design either.

Please report on how you like your Spurcycle bell and why it is worth the price.
My Spurcycle bells (all 6 of them) are made in the U.S. from quality materials with more decent labor practices and has a lovely tone. Yeah it costs money but sometimes good things cost money. Yeah maybe slightly boutique but there are no logos on the bell and it is pretty small so I am not buying it to show off I am buying it because it works well and cuts through unlike other bells. I have seen and used all the other different cheap bells and they are OK but aren't exceptional loud or as well made.

I get it some South East Asian kid can be forced to make a cheaper product and some billionaire can sell it on his website for pretty cheap while the kid gets nothing and you can buy it for more than it is really worth and that is the cycle you want to perpetuate. I do like support more localized business and not have to ship as much as far and potentially support better labor conditions which isn't a bad idea.
Likes For veganbikes: