Old 06-22-21, 04:15 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4944 Post(s)
Liked 8,083 Times in 3,824 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiro11
I love this movie. It's a terrific movie about young men transitioning into adulthood, right when responsibility and reality start to bite. It captures that period when you start to figure out who you are. It's an economical and effective movie.

More personally, my daughter is currently an undergrad at IU Bloomington. Before she started there, we watched Breaking Away together. She enjoyed the movie and when we moved her in freshman year, we went around town spotting all the filming locations. The town hasn't changed very much in over 40 years. She's now been at IU for two years and she still spots location on Kirkwood, in the IMU (student union) and elsewhere around town that were used in the movie. She's in a sorority, but not the one used in the film (shot, I believe, at the former Tri-Delt house on Third Street). She has even swam several times in the quarry in the movie, it's truly right outside of town as shown in the movie and is still used by IU students. If you've never seen it, IU has a stunningly beautiful campus. All of the buildings are indeed covered in Indiana limestone just as discussed in the movie. Also,the Little 500 is still a huge deal on campus. The week of "little five" is still the culmination of the school's social calendar, especially in the Greek system.
Very cool!! Thank for sharing that.