Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2632 Post(s)
Liked 3,148 Times in 1,657 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Yah, it does.

You look to me to be giving up some hip angle to how your stack works out up front allowing you to get flatter.

I'm not sure what optimal is, low/flat and worse hip angle OR a little less low/flat and more hip angle.

Individual I guess.

You can try the seat, but the sliding forward I thought was a symptom of having to adhere to the UCI dimensions. Tri folks can scoot the seat forward and do all sorts of stuff to solve the little issues.

I've heard on Slowtwitch figuring out your armpad/cup angle so that you're kind of sandwiching yourself between that and the saddle to keep sliding to a minimum. There's even some aftermarket armrests out there to aid in it.
Thanks for the pro tips. Will sliding the saddle forward open my hip angle a little bit?

Problem is, I can't really afford to get farther fwd without hitting my elbows with my knees. I have really long femurs. I'm gonna try stretching back out again with the saddle a bit back and the bars a bit forward just to prevent that from happening. But maybe that will be bad for my hip angle and therefore power? At any rate, it's something I just have to do b/c hitting my elbows and flaring my knees during practice yesterday was no bueno.