Old 10-04-19, 10:50 AM
Super D

Bikes: Canyon Road, Argon18 TT, DF Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by brawlo
Look at reach numbers rather than bare frame "sizes". The reach number will tell you if you are actually getting a longer bike or not. There's stacks of "big" sized frames out there that aren't actually all that big. I went custom Duratec for myself after working my way to something close to what I need. Apparently it's the biggest non-tandem frame they'd ever made Looking at the figures for my bike though (470mm reach), it's only a big larger than a 62cm Dixie Flyer (465 reach). I was looking at a Dixie, but it was taking a long time to happen and I ended up with my custom alloy instead

The Felt 58cm has a reach of 421mm and the 61cm Bianchi works out to be pretty much the same so you won't gain anything there. The big Felt takes you out to 438mm and there's a few frames around that size IIRC like the Fuji mentioned above. Then there are a very small few frames that reach up towards the 460mm mark
Good info, thank you. And I'm also looking at top tube lengths C-C as well, to factor in. Surprising to me that more track bikes aren't stretched-out in their geometry. Seems the aero position has evolved much faster than frame design, no?