View Single Post
Old 07-31-21, 03:30 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3133 Post(s)
Liked 1,700 Times in 1,027 Posts
chiefsilverback So if you’re sub $1k for frameset, what’s the +$ you’re budgeting for disc wheels and tires? Are you going for an all-in in the $1,500 range? If so, there are definitely complete bike options which probably make more sense.

For example the Breezer Radar Expert checks all the boxes— big 29x2.1 tire capacity, full packing mounts— and expands your gear range to 2x9, for $1.3k.

Alternately, the Breezer Doppler Pro also checks all those same boxes, but ups the ante to $1.5k by adding 650b wheels, wide range 2x10 gearing, and more road touring type geometry (compared to the Radar’s adventure geo).

If by chance you’re 10spd on the Quick, you could port over your drop bars and brifters to the $949 flat bar Breezer Radar Cafe. It’s a 1x10, so maybe only makes sense to the extent you can save the full $350 compared to Radar Expert (whose 2x9 drivetrain seems better suited to mixed road/bikepacking duty).

I’m a big Breezer fan; Joe Breeze knows how to design bikes that handle great and the spec works perfectly with the design. I have two of them myself, each favorites in my stable.

Adrenaline in Orange county has ‘em:

https://www.adrenalinebikes.com/stor...ategoryID=5924