Old 12-26-17, 11:08 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
DMC: I'm more interested in the car. Continental? What's the story with that?

BabyPuke: Those shoes look nice. I had a pair of wide Lakes several years ago. They fit well enough, but the BOA system sucked. The price on those shoes is pretty solid too.
Shoes look good ---- having to return to the Netherlands for fit issues would not be fun though, but that's how it is with any of us needing wide shoes ----
Bought a pair of Mega width Sidi's in 46 a few months ago --- they sat on the shelf for a while before I tried them on, --- now I have to wear socks as I really could have gone with a 45.5 or even a 45 ---- and due to the time lag , I forgot where I bought them to pursue a return

The car? -- '86 Town Car -- I don't have any solo pics of it and its too blasted cold today to get any, but here's some group photos from when the weather was a tad warmer

Really not much of a story to it on my end, --- I just purchased it from a gentleman who was selling it for his elderly aunt I believe --- low miles and garage kept, but with a little parking lot rash ---
I just got it, had the dents smoothed out with paintless dent repair, nursed the AC system back to health and replaced a bunch of hoses, belts and seals and I keep it rolling on nice days when I want to be cradled in miles and miles of blue crushed velour fabric

-- The real memories with any old car are oftentimes tucked away with the original owner and their families

-- but rollin' the boulevard in it makes one feel like he is in the cast of an 80's mobster movie or something