Old 03-28-22, 05:30 AM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 629 Times in 472 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
21 year old Eritrean wins a race that everybody thought would be taken by WvA.

This is a great day for cycling.
I watched this thanks to gcn and a VPN, that finish was a nail bitter! The lead quartet were absolutely committed with each rider going all in! Then Biniam jumped at 250m I was screaming "too early!" There was hesitation after the finish because with the camera it was hard to tell if Laporte had just gotten it. Oh it was wonderful!

The large chase group behind was completely disorganized - to the point of Küng screaming and gesticulating for more help.

Merlier was banging his bars across the line and I was like "Well you sat in wheels along with Wout at the back till 500m forget you!"

Biniam constantly with his nose in the wind and following all the moves, Sunday and Friday as well. Plus in Paris Nice stage 6 he was just pipped to 4th behind Wout!

10th in Milano-torino behind Cav, Bouhanni, Kristoff, Sagan in a bunch sprint and he had no lead out.

I agree with Benji and LR's opinion that instead of the Brugge de Panne we need a world tour race in Africa. Tour of Rwanda was really interesting to watch.