Old 12-13-15, 01:12 PM
Ridefreemc

Bikes: 2017 Kona TI, 2016 Bike Friday Haul-A-Day, 2015 Bike Friday New World Tourist (for sale), 2011 Mezzo D9, 2004 Marin Mount Vision Pro - for now :)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by alan s
I'm with you on that. I never ride against traffic. Also, the wind from passing cars helps, rather hurts. Just checked the forecast, and it looks like 20-30 mph headwinds for the first day. Glad I have a somewhat aero set up, but that's going to be tough, especially on the bridges.
I figured you knew better, but the other poster....

Can't tell you how many times i have had strong winds in the Keys, probable 9 out of 10 times (going there since the early 70s). I actually turned around (was on my BMW) on trip after a gust shifted me from one lane to the next in Miami. Decided that the 7 mike bridge wasn't the place for me on that big motorcycle. At least with a bike you can walk if you must. However, that 7 Mile Bridge is such a beautiful trip it is hard to pass up.

BTW - another place we used to camp is the Fiesta Key KOA. Cool marina and nice place. Its been a long time since I camped there, but I stopped in a few years ago and it was clean and nice.

Also, go to Sailflow for the best wind forecasts.Map Results | Wind, Forecast, Radar, Weather & More | SailFlow Play with the site and you'll find some really good charts (they are not apparent).