Old 04-29-19, 10:42 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by andythebird
Im gonna ride a kilo in october 2019. i need som training tips,tricks and maybe some sample programs.
im a newbiee on the track. so any tips will help me alot.
Hi, Andy. Welcome to the forum.

This is tough order to fill. As you might imagine, there are lots of variables in play:

- Your level of fitness
- Your level of experience racing and training
- What equipment you have available
- If you have a track nearby
- How far out is your big event
- Your commitment level (5, 10, 20, 20+ hours/week)

Asking for a training program is like saying, "I'm interested in hosting Thanksgiving dinner for my entire family. I'm a newbiee in the kitchen. Tips, tricks, and training plans would be appreciated."

There's no telling what you'd get. But, chances are, it'll be fragmented bits and pieces or very high level info.

I know this may not be the answer that you are looking for, but it may be worth it to pay a coach to write a (hopefully custom) program for you. Normal rates are about $100-$350/month and can go up from there. With such a program, you'll have confidence and not worry about, "Am I doing the right thing?". No. No program is perfect. But, any program is better than winging it.

As you gain experience and benefit from significant time on multiple programs, you'll get to a point where you can write your own program and guide yourself.

Here at BF, it seems that specific questions with specific answers get the most traction, e.g.: "Are there any sprint bars under 35cm c-c width?" and broad questions get less traction, "How do I become a better racer?"