View Single Post
Old 04-23-21, 10:12 AM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 547 Times in 307 Posts
Originally Posted by ridelikeaturtle
Oh dear, can't have any interruption of motorists tapping their little feet on brakes and throttles!

Do you think the driver of a car stopped in front of you in a queue should be arrested? They're impeding your progress too! In fact, they're taking up the WHOLE ROAD! If you're going to be ridiculous, at least be consistent.

What are you even doing on a cycling forum? Do you secretly work for the motor industry, or are you just this brainwashed into evangelizing submission to car dominance? People own cars, they do not own the street. The entitlement coming off you is breathtaking.

You are the poster-child for the phrase "clutching at pearls".
Just so we are clear, my time stamps refer to the video shown in this article:
https://www.nj.com/middlesex/2021/04...is-raging.html

0:00 - Group riding in opposite lane.
1:57 - Near miss of fellow kid on bike
3:21 - Disregard for oncoming cyclists on MUT.
5:16 - Littering! (
)
5:24 - Intentionally riding into oncoming traffic.
6:11 - Riding through landscaping.
6:40 - Harassing a car.
7:26 - Riding against traffic - near miss

I have not so secretly worked as an engineer for two motor vehicle manufacturers, but my CV has nothing to do with this. I commuted to work at both on two wheels.

Neither I nor anyone else commenting on this are advocating removing bicycles from roadways or making the multi use path into a pedestrians only path. The problem is that these boys were riding in a manner that showed no regard for the safety of others or themselves.

They are not waiting in a queue. They are using shared resources selfishly. And I thought the LEOs did a pretty good job of trying to get them to see that they were being a bunch of dumbass kids who were going to get hurt in spite of their excellent bicycle handling skills.

A couple of nights ago Mrs. Dan and I walked the mile or so to the post office to mail a parcel. On our walk we witnessed a group of young men, probably in their 20's behaving in the same way, only they were driving automobiles. No lights on at night, unmuffled exhaust, exhibition of speed, etc. This is what the group you are defending will be in 10 years unless time and chance modify their behavior. Both these groups deserved an ASBO.

But what really galls me is the way you and Mr. Hamilton are trying to create heroes out of a bunch of spoiled brats. Then you throw in your race baiting and you are creating a poisonous stew that will do no good for anyone.