View Single Post
Old 06-03-21, 06:58 PM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked 1,080 Times in 521 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood

My late 90's Pinarello Cadore has a home.
To me, the material and geometry of this frame qualifies it as “classic”, regardless of components. For me it starts and ends with the frame, and I think we often forget that the “C” in C&V covers all of the not quite vintage based on year of production but still vintage in spirit bikes. Modern customs fall under this (the brian Chapman thread comes to mind). Those often come equipped with technology that wasn’t around or prevalent 40+ years ago, but overall maintain the classic spirit.

Some may argue that component choices kill the classic spirit, I don’t, as long as the frames got it.

Ultimately, there are few enough of these threads that they don’t take up a lot of space in the C&V forum and I don’t know that anyone has ever really complained (in the thread at least) about seeing them here, because it makes just enough sense. A solution looking for a problem, as someone above noted.

But, as noted earlier in the thread, I’m really neither here nor there on this, but this is how I see it and what I predict.

This will certainly be my favorite thread for awhile as long as it stays open

Last edited by polymorphself; 06-03-21 at 11:47 PM.
Likes For polymorphself: