Old 07-20-21, 09:57 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,720 Times in 1,004 Posts
Originally Posted by SoSmellyAir
Really? I understand Squirt is similar to Smoove, for which Zero Friction Cycling has very daunting application instructions, including similarly stringent cleaning steps:

Smoove-Advanced-Guide.pdf (zerofrictioncycling.com.au)

You are saying it is much simpler in practice?
Loads simpler. You just need to make sure all the factory or oil based lube is gone, then apply this stuff. Reapply every 300 miles give or take, if you get caught in the rain, just check it to make sure if you need to reapply. Can't be any easier that. No crock pot needed. The initial cleaning was the most effort, took a few trips through the de greaser and a little scrubbing, but once I got through that, and you apply squirt, when I need to reapply, I can just wipe it down with a rag and reapply. No muss no fuss. After you do the initial cleaning a trip through some denatured alcohol is a good thing as well. Dries off very quickly.

Last edited by jaxgtr; 07-20-21 at 10:04 PM.
Likes For jaxgtr: