3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26410 Post(s)
Liked 10,376 Times in 7,204 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
For what it's worth, that's the exact same factory color that came on my TX900. Why are you painting it? It looks pretty good but pictures can be deceiving. Velocals has the decals you need.
Originally Posted by seedsbelize2
There is a 24" 79 Trek 930 hanging on the wall within spitting distance from where I sit. If there are any detail questions, feel free to fire away. The original paint is black, and it is in line to be repainted within the next month or so. Probably a dark green.

...thanks. This one is a sort of metallic graphite too. I can just barely make out the outlines of the old seat tube graphics, and it looks like Velocals has this era well covered. This one is 24" too, so I'm guessing the Columbus decal was SP. It's really too bad about the paint damage on mine, because it looks like pretty solid Imron, but it's scraped off in so many places, with some rust that looks like it's probably traveled under the paint in those webbed blooms that happen, that I figure It'll be easier to paint the whole thing after strip and prep.