View Single Post
Old 03-08-21, 09:24 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
Touring doesn't have to be an around the world trip or nothing. If you aren't interested in an overnight or riding across the state you probably aren't going to have a good time touring the world all at once. Touring solo can get lonely, some days and some parts of the ride can be utter absolute garbage and I had a mental breakdown on a tour and just couldn't leave the campsite via bicycle and had to abruptly end my tour. However I still love bicycle touring it didn't set me back but it helped me realize what I am capable of and what I enjoy doing and who I enjoy doing it with. Plus I still had a rad time in what I did do and ended up visiting the family I was biking towards and took a lovely train trip to visit them.

I personally have no desire to do any major world touring there are places I would love to explore but I don't know that I want to tour everything by bicycle. I would love to do some bike touring with some folks in Scotland and maybe enjoy some uisge beatha straight from the source (purely for research purposes of course as a lover of history I feel it is my duty to try historical beverages of Scotland) However some countries just don't sound pleasurable to ride through and I have other things I really want to do that involve biking but may not involve me wanting to carry a bunch of gear.