View Single Post
Old 04-17-22, 12:53 AM
bajaking

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Just the most minor OP update: Stay True Cycles didn't get back to me after a week and a half. Not surprised, they left me hanging once before on a request for info. I'm not in the habit of name-checking small businesses, especially LBSs, but just a head's up in case someone is looking for a bike shop in the San Francisco east bay area.
Blue Heron, on the other hand, had me out the door with custom cut spokes to get my current busted wheel rolling for the few days it will take them to procure an inexpensive, pre-built 36h touring wheel. The return call on that came 30 minutes after I left the shop. They also quoted a hand-built 40h Velocity Dyad but the mechanic and my wallet agreed that $ would be better put toward my next bike.

And I picked up a $100 20th century Trek MTB to tune up for future wheel outages on the Cannondale Quick. Never had a broken spoke on my old 26" MTBs before, and was always at least 230lbs, so it'll be interesting to see if these unknown, probably stolen, wheels hold up.
To be continued...
Likes For bajaking: