View Single Post
Old 01-26-22, 09:37 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4429 Post(s)
Liked 4,880 Times in 3,021 Posts
Originally Posted by gthomson
This post is timely, despite me joining it a bit late. I spent most of the fall just chilling on Zwift and watching the GCN videos while riding but then got back into the group rides with the start of the Tour and I am getting my butt kicked. Now I thought it would take a ride or two to get back into it but I have been riding harder since mid December and still finding it tough.

So I'm about 84kgs (185lbs) and in Zwift ride at about 230 watts to stay in the top 25%. On the flat routes I can maintain this for up to 20 kms but then as soon as we start to climb I drop big time and usually lose the group I'm in. Luckily those rides are big enough that the next group comes along quickly. After 20 km's I really start to fade and drop down to about 200 watts on average which then makes my over all ride about 205-210 average watts.

Hoping it gets a little easier by the time the Tour is over.
At 84kg you are never going to stand out in the mountains. On the flat you should be looking pretty respectable at 230W. Just bear in mind that not everyone on Zwift is honest about their weight or has accurate power output on their trainer. It's not quite like real life in that respect.