View Single Post
Old 07-12-21, 10:43 AM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
Thanks for the tips hermes, yeah woodside/canada/MH stop sign is pretty brutal, cars don't really know how to react to a stopped cyclist so we slow things down a lot, but its too sketchy to blast through even though that's the least intrusive option to cars. I was chatting with some people and saw some dude blast though it, they were upset and said he is contributing to road rage against cyclists, don't know if I agree with that. 4 wheelers will hate us no matter how we behave, and staying out of their way is better than following the rules of the road IMO. I'm fat and slow up hills, its kind of embarrassing. Haven't done OLH in a while, doubt I would break 25 minutes if I pushed myself. Fastest time is 28 minutes but I was riding and chatting with others. If I descend roads like 84 regularly im gonna die because I don't know how to corner and don't wear a helmet, but go fast anyways. Cant help myself, have to stay away from descents like that.

If I learn how to descend and start doing longer rides ill do that route. I was planning on upping my mileage significantly but wasn't really planning on exploring new roads, which is kinda stupid thinking about it. Would be nice to do some more rides to the ocean. I normally take 92 but I met a girl who I want to ride to the ocean with, she isn't the strongest rider so I don't want to do 92 with her.

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 07-12-21 at 10:53 AM.