Old 10-12-20, 03:59 PM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1056:

Got up and felt terrible. I moved some leaves on Saturday, and immediately started feeling bad after I finished: sore throat, runny nose, sneezing, coughing, etc. We haven't had any appreciable rain in a couple months, so I'm guessing the dust and dirt I stirred up really did a number on my allergies.

The client's office was closed today for Native American Day, but the company I work for was open. That means I still have to work for the client today. I decided that I would just work from home, seeing as nobody was going to be at the client's location, and even though I doubt I have COVID, with my symptoms the way they were they probably wouldn't appreciate me showing up at our company office either.

So despite the fact that I felt awful (I think mostly because my symptoms prevented me from getting any decent sleep last night) I forced myself to get on the bike and ride to the client's office, then ride back home. I then proceeded to try and log into the client's system only to discover that my computer at their office had somehow gotten turned off over the weekend. There was nobody there I could call to have them start up my computer, so I had no choice but to get back on the bike and ride to the client's office a second time.

Powered up my computer, and decided as long as I was there I would just stay at the office. Pretty weird being the only person in this huge building.

Over the weekend I posted my latest commuting video: