Old 10-13-20, 06:38 PM
rhm
multimodal commuter

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 584 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 339 Posts
It wasn't raining when I left the house this morning.
but drizzle started about five minutes out and stopped after a few minutes.
But it started up again, and got heavier. My windbreaker wasn't much use. I was pretty wet by the time I got on the train, and had to keep active to keep from getting too cold on the train. So I couldn't sleep. Bummer. I need that sleep on the train.

Fortunately the rain had stopped before I left work. Overslept my stop and found myself in Trenton, had to take a train back. Waste of a half hour, but otherwise not a big deal, this is only the third time this has happened to me in over 20 years.

Finally got on my bike for a leisurely ride home. That's when things started to get interesting:

That windbreaker just got a whole lot more useful. I zipped it up, tied the arms together, filled it with puffballs, and closed it off with the velcro reflective straps from my ankles. Rode home one handed, a sack of mushrooms over my shoulder.

It's been a pretty good fall for puffballs. I've served them for dinner maybe three or four times in the last month. But this was too much. I gave away two of the medium sized ones before I got home, then my wife gave away another... so I'm left with the biggest (1895 g) and the smallest (265 g).

Last edited by rhm; 10-14-20 at 03:16 AM.
Likes For rhm: