View Single Post
Old 02-15-22, 08:13 PM
kaos joe

Bikes: Trek 5200, Rivendell Atlantis, Soma DoubleCross, Bilenky Signature tandem, Cannondale RT3000 tandem, Santa Cruz TallBoy, Kona Explosif, Bridgestone MB2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by kayakindude
That's the rack I am thinking about. Interesting that you guys take the front and rear wheels off. Makes sense because I assume more flexing on a trunk system. On the jeep tire mount I've been transporting without issue with both wheels on, including a front motor hub without issue. That fits flush on the back. Also yes thinking about adding a hitch as an option too, but thinking the Saris is the cheap option for something I may need twice a year, three times at the most.
I only used it infrequently, when I was transporting the tandem and another bike. When moving the tandem alone I just fold down the seats and slide it in the back. That requires removing the wheels also. I took the wheels off when using the trunk rack mostly to avoid having the wheels protrude beyond the width of the car. Now I have a car that doesn't play well with the Saris and am going to have to get something else.