View Single Post
Old 08-25-22, 12:36 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
Our bike stable has gotten out of hand in terms of consistency. We have two 10-spd rim brake road bikes, one 11-spd rim brake road bike, one 12-spd disc brake road bike, one 10-spd disc brake gravel/cross bike with QR wheels, one 11-sped disc brake gravel cross bike with TA wheels, one 12-spd disc brake gravel bike with TA wheels, one 11-speed 27.5 MTB (TA front, QR rear) and one 12-spd 29 MTB (TA front/rear).

And I have three sets of tubular, carbon rim brake wheels - though one of the wheels is broken so I only use it to stretch tubulars. I'd consider selling some of them, but it's not worth the hassle at this point.

We are either giving away or selling the 10-spd gravel bike with QR wheels. It was my wife's, but it's way too small for her. Since getting her a new gravel bike, bother he main road and gravel bikes are both 12-spd Sram AXA. So that is nice. Part of me is tempted to upgrade my gravel bike to 12-spd AXS as well, to improve compatibility with her two bikes. Her rim brake bike just sits on the Kickr.

But for now, I'm planning to stick with my 10-spd road bikes as long as possible.

Oh and Tmonk, my wife's two 12-spd bikes are a TCR and Revolt. She likes that TCR more than any other bike she's had - which is why she got a Revolt.
Mine is about as bad.

my 11-speed road bike
my 10-speed TT bike
my 10-speed CX bike
my son's 10-speed CX bike (we can swap wheels between the two CX bikes, which is nice because I can have sets of mud/hardpack/slicks)
my 10-speed road bike (Campy, this mostly sits on the smart trainer)
my 11-speed mtb (disc)
my son's 10-speed mtb (disc)
my wife's 7-speed hybrid
my son's FG road bike
SSCX (mostly used as a shared pit bike, although I'll put platforms on it for mellow rides with my wife and running errands)