View Single Post
Old 08-26-22, 06:36 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 679 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
I test rode a Revolt a couple years ago at a local MTB demo weekend. Great bike, would ride, although I've yet to jump into the gravel fad. I say that facetiously - I think gravel is here to stay and more than the latest passing trend at this point.

I am starting to think that maybe I could get a disc/TA bike just to slowly begin modernizing my stable. But as long as 11s, rim brake, QR frame and wheel parts are available, maybe there's no point in doing it prematurely. But it is more challenging finding a modern frame now (case and point).
I have zero interest in gravel racing, but I have found myself doing more gravel type riding. It gets me off roads with cars, so if I just want an enjoyable endurance ride, it's an ideal option.

As for the Revolt, she got the TCR first - about two years ago. But her older cross bike was really just too small. So we checked out the Revolt a few weeks ago, and she really liked it, in large part because it is so similar to her TCR. After a few rides, she commented that she now kind of wishes she had just gotten the Revolt instead of the TCR and a second set of wheels to go back and forth between gravel and road riding. (She also no longer races, so she doesn't really need a race capable road bike. And even if she did, she'd probably use her old rim-brake bike again.)
Likes For topflightpro: