josh672@l
Aluminum Ally

Bikes: 6ku urban track, fixed gear, wabi sub-15's

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
If it was a great place to talk about it someone would have kept the thread going, it died 13 years ago. A new thread without the previous toxicity would have made sense rather than zombie this old bugger. The posters in it are long gone aside from one who is still an active poster but only made one post in this thread. A new thread always makes sense so if someone does search they find a new thread hopefully sans the ridiculousness of this ancient thread. Looking through it I didn't see much useful info and it was super off topic most of the time.

I was never talking about dieting (aside from the graaaains joke) not sure what relevance it has here. Dieting is not relevant to veganism or toe straps. I know it got mentioned back in 2009 in this thread but that was back in 2009 when this thread was last active and also when it came into existence and died. Dieting would be best in the nutrition section and discussion of veganism which is a separate thing would alas make the most sense in P&R or Foo unless the topic were specifically on cycling and finding vegan goods as it started here before it devolved on the 4th post.

Again I would suggest starting a new thread. Granted yes toe clips and straps are pretty old technology and I am pretty sure all the pros are clipless these days but still if people are using it, it could be a good new thread topic.

Oh and kudos for getting the Vacation reference : )
A person's diet is not the same as being on a diet. The diet of the panda bear is mainly bamboo, that doesn't mean that what she really wants is pizza but is afraid she won't be able to fit in her bikini come summertime. Her diet is bamboo, but she's not on a diet.. I'm sure you see the difference

And I never said I was looking for what the pros use. I want to ride to target or a restaurant and not have to carry and extra pair of kicks with me and change shoes before I go in and after I leave. And I'm not trying to wear a spandex body suit. I'm not a roadie, I ride fixed gear. I'm not trying to be Lance Armstrong, I'll pass on the steroids thank you. I'm happy with a critical mass ride once a month. I could care less what the pros use.

I'm done if your done, or we can keep this party going.