Old 04-21-21, 02:54 PM
JehD

Bikes: 1981 Bertin C34 - 2020 Electra Cruiser 7D - 2021 Mongoose Dolomite ALX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by motopokep
I'm going to go with the Dolomite ALX, it's a great-looking bike and the price is right. I see it in 3 sizes, 17, 18 and a 19 inch frame. I'm 5'10". My current hybrid bike has a 17.5 inch frame and I have the seat post raised high. Should a fat tire bike run a bit smaller if you're planning to do trails, hills, so it's more agile?

I am in the same position and I was watching a review on KevCentral. He test rode a medium and being 5-10n with a 31 inseam said the bike fit perfectly so there's that. Another review also on the medium the guy said he was 5 10 of about the same size said the same thing with the only thing he didn't like was the reach ( bad back) as the stem was 85MM and picked up a 45mm Wake stem. I managed to order one a few days ago and plan on probably doing that as well. Currently riding an Electra and like a more upright position.

Originally Posted by motopokep
just ordered the Mongoose Dolomite ALX in 18 inch frame. Extra thanks to UnCruel for the recommendation, seems like best value for the price. Can't wait to mod it and ride

Just ordered the 18 as well. From the reviews it seems like Mongoose went all out vs the prior Steel Dolomite just better in every way.Still I can see where they saved a few bucks. The brake levers look pretty cheap so they along with the pedals will probably be the first things to go. For me I'll probably change the stem just to get a more upright position. Looks like a fun bike all in all.
Likes For JehD: