Old 07-25-13, 10:39 AM
ninjai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
have you been doing any climbing?
This is a totally reasonable question. I have not done any exclusively, though there aren't really any flats in town, everything is some type of hill or another. Though there are some very steep steeps on the way to work that I should incorporate, and I will begin that tomorrow (as I have the day off today! )

I just got done riding 26 miles today, took me around 1:49 with 20 miles coming along at around 1:28 with one stop. I've not ridden so long since last summer, so I didn't know how I would feel afterwards, but I am not fatigued or sore, and My heart rate only increased higher than 60% on the sprints on the last 2 miles (meaning I only rode at a pace that was comfortable for both cardiovascular and muscular exertion)

I thought about doing something like tacking on an extra 10 miles every week. It is nice to see someone else say it, I feel a little more reassured that it is the right decision.

So here's what I'm thinking, please give me feedback.

I work M, T, W, F
M, W hard and fast rides,
T, F hills hills hills,
Th long rides (tacking on an extra 10 every week seem good?) and
Sat a fun ride (I go ride trails with a local shop on weekends, and I have this one as a fun ride because I read some article about importance of slower rides during your workout plan. Is that accurate?)

Sun RECOVERY!!!

Is this reasonable?