Old 08-11-22, 12:04 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,686 Times in 2,509 Posts
Originally Posted by Bogey Speedwell
What about fore aft adjustment. Your seat may be too far forward and wedging your hips.
Fore-aft placement is very important. I roughly follow Peter J. White's instructions. I know other people do this same thing, but they didn't publish in a place that's easy to link to. https://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fitting.php

Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Has anyone tried topical pain cream for derriere pain?
I know Nigel G. used some on his first 1200k. You might ask him when he gets back from the UK. I wish I had bought more topical ibuprophen when I was in France, that stuff is great for knees. I also used it when I had circulation problems last year, it seemed to help relieve some swelling that was causing problems. It's not going to work quite as well as a pain cream though. I have heard people say that topical pain relievers are bad because they can mask problems that are getting worse. That's something to consider, but it's probably fine if you do your best to combat the problem otherwise. Like by standing a lot and using something like lantiseptic to stop the chamois/butt interface from moving.

Most chamois creams have alcohol, I think, so putting them on after a saddle sore has started is a very unpleasant experience.
Likes For unterhausen: