Old 08-11-22, 03:28 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,063 Times in 1,081 Posts
Like the OP, I struggle with deep tissue pain, rather than skin issues. I just DNFd LEL at 839k, with saddle pain the major factor. I actually have abrasions from so much time out of the saddle, with one inner thigh resting against the nose. It's about 40 hours since abandoning, and sitting in a chair is still agonizing.
I've been fitted, selected my saddle through a saddle lending library, and used this saddle on an SR series, many 200s, and more. Honestly I can't say it was great on the 600.

I think it's a matter of saddle shape and my anatomy. The fact that I weigh 210 lbs can't help.

On the bright side (aside from half LEL was an amazing ride), I found a new-to-me hand position that avoided all hand numbness. I prefer hoods, but hoods cause pinkie numbness after enough miles. The position is on the bend behind the hoods, with elbows pointed out. The curve of the bars bends around the palm of my hand. Access to brakes isn't instant, so only good for situations where that's okay.

The saddle quest will continue for me. I suggest the OP do the same. Note that expensive sales are not necessarily any better, when shape is the issue. Women's shoes, mtb saddles, cheap oem saddles - anything is fair game.
Likes For downtube42: