Old 09-29-22, 07:30 AM
ROT_01

Bikes: Old Fields randonneuse (local framebuilder, classic French style); Trek Hardtail 29er; Hercules (German mixte from the early 80's)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Looking for good helmet-mount headlamp for randonneuring/ultra racing

What helmet lights do people use out there? I want to have a better light for the longer brevets and PBP 2023. For years I've just taken a sort of cheap Black Diamond brand headlamp off of it's elastic headband and strapped it to my bike helmet. This works for dealing with mechanical issues in the dark and checking a cue sheet. But it's never really bright enough for reading street signs or looking through tight corners, looking off to the side, etc. I have a SP dynamo hub and Edelux lamp mounted to my front rack on my bike so plenty of light on the road. I'm just curious what supplemental lamps people use on their helmets for looking outside of the fixed beam of the rack mounted light. Any stats like how long it holds a charge and how bright it is are appreciated. But I can also look those details up if you provide the make and model of the light you use.

Thanks.