View Single Post
Old 11-22-22, 02:28 PM
axolotl

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Pratt
Maybe I should have said, I'm planning for 2023. I read the CGOAB article. I'm leaning towards just the Eastern part of the island, particularly since I'm also thinking of the Iles Magdeline as a side trip, and excuse to take another ferry ride.
A friend & I did that. We flew to les iles-de-la-Madeleines, and later took a ferry to Souris on the east end of PEI. We toured on the 2/3 eastern part of PEI in a loop and flew home from Charlottetown. We both really liked the Madeleines (more than PEI to be honest), but the Madeleines are typically extremely windy, as it was for us. We stayed in a B&B on a central island (ile du Havre aux Maisons) and did a day ride to the north end of the archipelago and back, and a day loop around the southern islands and back. We also did a pleasant day hike on ile d'Entree. You have to take a ferry to that island, and it's beautful place for walking. There are virtually no roads on Ile d'Entree and 80% of the island is devoted to pasture land that humans are permitted to wander on.

On PEI, we biked on both the north coast and the Confederation trail. When we returned to Charlottetown heading eastward, we decided to try roads instead of the Confederation trail. In the central part of PEI, the roads were surprisingly hilly and we wished we had remained on the bike trail to return to Charlottetown. Our trip was in early September and we had great weather except for our first day on PEI.