View Single Post
Old 01-31-23, 09:26 AM
Steve Lai
CycleofLife

Bikes: Giant TCR Adv Pro, Caad2, 8, 12 and 13, Giant Revolt, Yasujiro Svelte and Dahon foldie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
I like the bike a lot (not an owner) and would test ride one if I were in the market for a new high end road bike. If I were going to buy one, I would look at the SRAM etap model and put Roval 50 wheels versus the 20 mm. I have an S works frame with Roval 50 wheels and like it a lot.

One of the features of bikes like this is scarcity. They are hard to get (supply) and expensive which means you will not see many on the road. That offers some appeal. You show up a group ride with the only one.

I do not think most riders buy an S-works bike on gram savings. It is more about emotion and you just love the bike and want one or you get a deal via a club sponsored by Specialized. .
Agreed.
This is the "design for desirability" approach by companies...it is so desirable, u don't think about the price.

However, I sense from all the reviews that the significant difference could come when going uphill and down hill.....on the flat one may not feel any difference.

The geometry and weight distribution (eg if its Centre of Gravity is very low)...it could feel very stable even when going downhill.

Wish I know someone who has a Aethos I can try.