View Single Post
Old 07-25-21, 11:54 AM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,831 Times in 1,997 Posts
Originally Posted by Prowler
I wrench one day a week at an LBS and am, slowly, learning that I am NO ones target market and I cannot fathom what makes people tick. I rarely meet anyone who likes the old steel that we here do and I've tried to quit figuring out people. Cheap junk that people pay us hundreds of dollars to make just rideable. Huge saddles that feel like they are groping me on test rides. Monstrous heavy cruisers with monstrous cheap components that will not respond to maintenance. High end components with clock works deep inside that are not maintainable. Cables buried in the frame to prevent lubrication. Twist grip shifters that, in top shape, require Popeye arms to operate. I could go on and on but what's the point. Live and let live.

Its the same with cars. I told my wife recently "I no longer worry about someone stealing my car. They could not drive a 5 speed and if they did they could not sell it. No one else can drive a 5 speed."

Garcia: Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it's been.

Rush: Kids these days they don't value a dollar
Don't like chewing but they sure can swallow
Wasn't that way in my younger days
There's something wrong with kids these days

Get off my lawn 😊
my wife totaled our 5 speed Rav.
we got more money for it as it WAS a stick.