Long time part timer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
You're welcome!

Originally Posted by SpeedofLite
Thanks for all the pics!
For me, the beauty of this bike is that it's been an underdog getting no respect from the day it entered the world and yet has managed to survive with many (all?) of it's original parts.
It is beautiful in it's ugliness. A rescue bike from the Island of Misfit Toys.
It almost bothers me that you don't keep the chainring fairing (or pants protector, or smash plate, or Ashtabula Aero Disc, or whatever it's called) on the bike.
You're welcome for the pics!

I look at this bike as if I am extending its useful life and keeping it out of the scrap pile (for now). The top tube has some beyond minor rust so in that regard the end is coming.

Overall, the bike has not really been abused in any way just severely neglected. Last night I opened up the BB and the bearings were as dry and clean as could be leading me to believe there was zero grease in there begin with, mirroring the findings in the original article. I expect more of the same when I deal with the headset later this week.

And about the chainring protector: yeah, keeping it on probably gives the bike a "unique" period look...but OTOH it might be fun to toss around at a disc golf course