Old 12-04-22, 12:23 PM
Flying G

Bikes: 1971 Gitane TDF, 1974 Gitane Interclub, 2001 Serotta Rapid Tour CS3, 1986 Bruce Gordon touring bike, 1972 Gitane Super Corsa, 1978 Michal Johnson, 1972 Lambert Professional Grand Prix, 1983 Vitus (resto project), 1972 Raleigh Professional (resto)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts
Great feedback from everyone - I really appreciate it!

Without a doubt, the suggestions to improve the display are worth my time and effort. After posting, I spotted some additional things that need to be changed but I won't reveal what they are. Clearly, a better backdrop, camera and photo positions will help. The bike deserves all of this!

I went back and forth on the placement of the brake cables (in front of the bars or behind) but after reviewing the catalog photo (see below), decided to place them in front figuring that being true to the catalog shot made sense. We'll continue to think about this.

Have refurbished vintage bikes for the daughters to enjoy, which has been fun and rewarding. They are developing an appreciation for riding classic and to me, "timeless road bikes." However, I don't think that they are ready for this Raleigh Pro and suspect that it would quickly disappear somewhere in San Francisco if I were to give it to one of them. So, I'll continue efforts to prep the bike for sale to someone who is really eager to relive the past on this Raleigh Pro.

Quick PSA if you don't already know about BikeIndex.org. This is a great non-profit that strives to help us register our bicycles and even more important, recover them. I think that all of us at one time or another has had a cherished two wheeler disappear into the void. Luckily, there are some good people out there that are working hard to help us retrieve these bicycles and over time, I'm optimistic that more and more police departments will go to the BikeIndex.org website when stolen bikes are recovered but owners remain unknown. Anyway, any financial contribution to this worthy organization furthers the goal of reuniting "lost" bikes with their rightful owners. I know that lots of charitable organizations need support this time of year but this one aligns so closely with what all of us believe in. Enough said.

Thanks again for all comments, suggestions and replies regarding this Raleigh. It will re-appear online in 2023.

Best to all!

Catalog photo used as reference for placement of brake cables.