View Single Post
Old 09-29-21, 03:30 PM
2wheelfelicity

Bikes: Salsa Vaya, Salsa Deadwood, Centurion Le Mans, Omnium Cargo WiFi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
sdimattia Hi, wow, sorry, I thought I responded to this a long time ago. Not sure where you landed with the mini-max, but in case you're still considering and on the fence, I have loved the Cargo WiFi. It has handled everything I could have asked it to. Handles great and as close to a "normal" bike as one can get for a bike this long. I got used to it very quickly. The bigger tires feel like a necessity, I don't know how people did it with the older models. Notable uses have been: Costco run for our 50 person babyshower with nearly all the food on the bike (omitting a watermelon and the plates, cutlery, napkins), I have carried my 8 month pregnant wife and our dog (dog weighs 50 lbs, I'm 170, wife ????) numerous times around town, overnight all-gravel camping again with the dog/gear in the Eastern Sierras. Some of these, particularly the costco felt like I was approaching the limit, but again, it did great. The kickstand is a must if you're going to constantly be loading it up, I imagine this would be true for mini-max as well. I got the extender bar. I thought I would only use it occasionally and I end up using it quite a bit. I would highly, highly recommend it if you're still thinking about it and plan on biking for the majority of your trips/errands.

If you have any other specific questions, feel free to let me know.