Old 02-26-21, 09:40 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,001 Times in 2,670 Posts
Originally Posted by dalia
Hi dear,
Hanging bikes on pedals is not a viable storage option because it destroys the part of a wall where the bicycle is hanged.
The walls may crack and break. So, I would not recommend you to use pedal hangers to store your bicycle. One of my friends is storing his bicycle in a shipping storage container. You can ensure that your bicycle will be protected from rain and wind when you store it in a shipping container. You can even buy or rent a shipping container for the short term or long term.
Thanks!
Yeah because we can all just have a shipping container in our house.

I personally wouldn't use that system but not for your reasons as all one needs is a stud finder and the proper screws for the surface and to not abuse and pull on the bikes and you would be fine. However the googley eyes make me want to use it.

I would love a bunch of shipping containers to turn into a sweet tiny home or cool storage space but yeah not possible in my living arrangement and probably not practical for most people and I would still need stuff to keep out humidity and ideally control temperature. Having been in a container many times that has sat out in the sun and roasted all day it gets really hot or on the opposite side really cold (though blocks the wind nicely) and it is not fun being in one in those conditions.

My ideal storage would be hanging from the wall from good hooks in studs with some floor space in-between each one for heavier bikes and to give plenty of space so I don't have to go upside with bikes. However I don't have that space right now and really don't care to make it as that would be a major project and move the bikes to a bad location for me.