bargo68 
Dedicated Detritus Dodger

Bikes: Some mighty fine ones at that!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked 603 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by gaucho777
@bargo68 Dig the Fuso. Moulton (or his painter?) had a knack for nice color pairings. I've had a couple of Fusos slip through my fingers, including a lovely purple and gunmetal gray combo. I'm not saying the fork is bent, but I will say I hope it's just the camera angle and the fact the fork is resting on the race that makes me wonder if the blades are bent back below the crown. (Would be happy to hear I'm flat out wrong.)
Here's another pic after I got it home:

I noticed that in the ad and took time to check that when I was there. I asked him straight out if he had ever wrecked it and he was adamant, but not insulted.
I put a straight edge up against it just now just to see and everything looks kosher.
Sadly, I did let a small top tube ding get by me!

There was no buckling at the head tube or behind/underneath the lugs, and no signs of stress or damage to the down tube. There are a few small paint chips above the bottom cup of the headset, so if there was an impact, it might account for that. This is where my inexperience fails me.
I will check the alignment on the fork blades tomorrow. The rear dropouts are fine:
Likes For bargo68: