Old 09-15-21, 12:03 PM
ls01
he said member

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2789 Post(s)
Liked 1,951 Times in 1,207 Posts
I hate being on call. It's just beautiful outside today, I mean glorious. It could also be due to the end of the season being nigh. I could go for a nice long ride today if I wasn't on call. But we've had some odd things happening in the city. I don't know if anyone has caught our reverse sink hole on the news. That kept me out until 3am Monday to Tuesday .

Apparently a super large pile of an unknown substance (iron ore maybe? something heavy) 3 or 4 stories tall, In a scrap yard. Shifted. The theory is; a water main was leaking causing the earth to become saturated to the point of liquidity. Causing all the ground around it to heave upwards as the giant pile shifted and sank. The rear parking area of the 2 story building next door rose up, I would estimate 20 feet. The building , a weed store, had its rear lifted up so that the entire building is pitched forward like something from a earthquake. The storefront is pitched forward 8 to 10 feet at the top.
. It's just bizarre. I wish I could post pics. Anyway all the moving ground broke a 16 inch main. Which we had to isolate so that a temporary bypass could be installed until repairs could be made.
Never seen anything like it.
Likes For ls01: