View Single Post
Old 01-21-22, 10:26 PM
biker128pedal

Bikes: 2022 Fuel EX 8, 2021 Domane SL6, Black Beta (Nashbar frame), 2004 Trek 1000C for the trainer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 267 Posts
Originally Posted by Troul
good to know. During the search of the bicycle I've tetrised together a carbon wheel set using a 30 Pirelli P Zero Race Clincher out back & a 32 Pirelli P7 Sport up front. It worked well, almost too well, for my other road cruiser. The front tire felt like a 60's cadillac on that setup, so i expect it to be like a '96 buick roadmaster estate wagon with the IsoSpeed decouplers. Going to be exploring some compact longlife rear lighting as I have a feeling my sunset riding will increase a lot with this new cruiser.

Thanks! I've had to hang up the outdoor setup until the weather breaks again. Thankfully I was able to get some very late year end outdoor rides in & a few rides in the beginning of the 'New' year before the perma ice took over the riding routes.
Hope you recover 100% in short time & the weather supports you in many favorable future rides.
I already had a Varia 510. Like the radar. Splurged for the Bontrager light for under the seat. I like to run two lights. If your bike did not come with a rear reflector your missing the seat post clamp. It’s an odd D shape. There are some 3D printed adapters for various lights. I did that for the Garmin. $40 was cost for the small part but less than a 3D printer.

Oh if you ride in a downpour see if water drains out of the hole under the bottom bracket. Mine had a piece of plastic blocking the drain hole. Poked a tooth pick in it to drain the water.

Last edited by biker128pedal; 01-22-22 at 03:41 PM.
Likes For biker128pedal: