View Single Post
Old 06-27-16, 06:43 AM
Jackmen

Bikes: 2014 Giant defy advanced 0 with DI-2, 2013 Blue Triad TT Bike, 2015 Fuji Altamira CX 1.3 Gravel Bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Report on my missouri state senior games

Wanted to giove everybody a report on my recent senior games events in Missouri on June 11 & 12. This is the first year I have done the state games and really my third set of races.

First day was 40K road race and 5K time trial. In the 40K road race we run all age groups together. Probably was about 40-50 racers. The pace was pretty fast as this is the qualifying year for 2017 nationals. I rode in the front group most of the race , back and forth, trying to avoid pulling and doing too much work. Then about 1 mile from the finish I got unjoined from the front group, and ended up finishing about 8-9 in my age group about 200 yds back from the front.

In the 5K TT I felt pretty good, and ended up with a average speed of about 27 MPH and got a bronze.

On Sunday, 20 K road race, hung with the front group entire race but didn't have a fast guys wheel in the sprint and ended up 5th in age group. Right with the fast guys. Our state sure does seem pretty fast. I averaged 23.8 for the race which seemed fast. In the 40K I averaged 22.8 and the top guys were probably around 23. I realized in the road races that sprinting is not a strong suit for me, and something I need to work on.

In the 10K I felt good but Like I was little spent from the last three races, and I ended up with a 23.1 average, and got another Bronze.

So I have qualified for 2017 nationals in Time trials, but will need to go to another state to get qualified in the road races, which I may do.

Any body here ever went to the state senior events in Illinois (seems poorly attended), Arkansas, Kansas, or Iowa.
Seems like some states have very low turnout and somewhat slow times. Missouri was very well attended and the competition was stiff, at least for me who is getting going in this senior racing thing.