mlau

Bikes: Xootr Swift

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by extecher
Hi all,

I purchased a steel Swift Folder this week for a steal ($100 8-speed with a gaggle of mods and in almost pristine condition) that came without a saddle or saddle clamp on the seatpost, and after visiting the three local bike shops not a single one knows what kind of clamp would work on it (I live in a small city where the concept of folding bikes is truly foreign). After searching online it seems the seatpost I have is the 34mm generic OEM one that came with it that's NL-branded (Don't have enough posts to post an image of it apparently). Anyone have any insights on what specific part I would need to purchase?

I'm almost completely ignorant of anything bike-related (Aircraft and drones are more my thing) so any assistance is much appreciated. The knowledge in this thread convinced me that the bike was worth purchasing and that I have a legendary bit of kit in my possession. Thanks!

Dude, you suck! (in the neanderthal woodworking forum, that means you got a really, really great deal!)

The Swift is one of the best folding bikes ever made, and the steel frames were handmade in the USA (in Oregon, I think).
Everything is pretty much compatible stock bike parts and super flexible as a platform.
Swifts have been made into fixies, roadies, hybrid (stock), granny bikes, etc....the only weakness is carrying bags, and fold size.

Call Xootr. They still have parts, and are very passionate about that bike.