Old 08-11-21, 09:40 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1143 Post(s)
Liked 1,743 Times in 962 Posts
My clunker went for 31 miles yesterday, bringing my total for the PN10L up to 72 miles. I decided that the Peugeot was special enough to be a keeper at this time and it was brought out to the country to be keep with family at the eastern Wa get-a-way.

This ride worked out very well, after sitting a for about a mouth the tires did need inflation, I still have yet to fix the front derailleur. That's ok though I'm not in an areas that need the wide range of gear shifts. The second ride was just as exciting as the first, though I did feel a little confined. I could used a stem a little longer, I think another cm wouldn't hurt.

My reagular circuit consists of very long false flats about 10 miles, one elavation of I'm guessing of 1,200' over a couple of miles, then just over 18 miles of rolling hills. My ride is not as fast as it should be. The reason being, the roads have been done. The roads' edging had been worn out from use including heavy farm equipment has been fixed, also were sprayed with tar and spread with new gravel. Of the rolling hills is a 1/3 mile descent that is banked and blind the fastest leg is covered in new loose gravel making for possible wipeouts. That's a bummer especially at the bottom, it ramps up sharp and one power can through top gear if you shoot out of the turn fast enough.

I'm out in the amber waves of grain, I look up, I see a Redtail hawk has gotten some prey a rodent of sort and is flying to the next phone pole I slowed and attempted to grab my camera as it lands, I approached. The hawk flies to next pole, I keep moving, it goes to the next then the next and the next again. The poor bird probably flew a half mile before it circled behind me and had it's privacy.

This morn I went to go for another spin (after fixing a flat) and well the game I Spy comes to mind... I spy with my little eyes... abandoned, according to property leaser a

Centurion I checked the sn# on the Bike Index and the local authorities, it was all clear of records.

I drove back and this was in placed in the back of the 🚙 , looks to be in good shape needs tires. I will be posting found bike notice on my local Craigslist.