View Single Post
Old 11-17-22, 12:29 PM
justaguy168 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
It’s an interesting bike, if it was my size and close to me I’d off between $250-300, but I’d have to give it a good looking over first, for the novelty of having an all Zeus bike. The fact that it’s been stored inside is good but if the bearings haven’t been serviced in 45+/- years that means any buyer will have to overhaul it so that will cost them their time.
do you a better pic of the handlebar and brake levers?
Bianchigirll These pictures should have been in the folder included with OP. But here they are again:

Originally Posted by EVlove
I'm not an expert by any stretch but that is a cool bike. Put the original saddle back on, for heaven's sake get rid of those awful grips, put "L'Eroica ready" in the description, and this sells on ebay in a heartbeat. Since you're ruling that option out, I think your next best and easiest move is to contact a vintage bike seller. Surely there must be one in NYC? Someplace like Premium Cycling in Europe. (No affiliation or endorsement, haven't dealt with them, I just go to their website to drool sometimes.)
Always assuming it still doesn't sell here for some reason, I think it will.
EVlove Thank you for the kind words. I didn't know what the L'Eroica was but thanks to you, I do now. Will mention that in my adverts. I do not know of a vintage bike seller in NYC. Most NYC LBS' cater to the NYCC which is all about the latest and greatest.

Originally Posted by joesch
Will probably be purchased by a collector who also rides.
Not a voting category.
A rider looking for an L'Eroica has many other options for better performing rides that still meet that ride requirements.
As many have stated, ebay is your best option and it may result in a local pickup / purchase especially since NYC area.
Hard to pay shipping for a vintage bike that is in the value range that some of these appraisals are quoting.
joesch I'm not trying to be prickly, but what do you mean by "better performing rides that still mean ride requirement?" Newer bicycles with newer technology? A more typical Bianchi/Campy vintage bicycle? It would be helpful for me to know where the Zeus fits performance-wise with others from that era that a collector might want to purchase.

3alarmer Thanks for the design lineage. Yours is a beautiful ride. The same "Aztec Orange." Enjoy!

This is an old post here that describes one poster's experience which heavily influenced my perception of Ebay. I'm open to seeing if this has changed. There are many pros and cons to the local pickup option. The "risks of selling on Ebay" is the topic of another thread. A long time ago I worked in a bike store and know how to pack bicycles for shipping quite well. Again, that is covered in other posts.

Last edited by justaguy168; 11-17-22 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Clarified ebay experience
Likes For justaguy168: