Old 10-26-20, 12:14 PM
Alzerbster

Bikes: 2021 Verve 2018 Cannondale Adventure

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 22 Posts
Just got a 2021 Verve 3 two weeks ago. I don't ride on roads, so all my riding is on rail trails, which I just love to do. 80% of the trails I ride here in Pa. are crushed limestone, with the other 20% being asphalt. I did buy fenders for this bike which help to keep stone dust off my chins, chain rings, and chain. Kind of disappointed my first 40 miles I put on it. It just felt slow compared to my Cannondale adventure, which is a similar bike. I really dislike the Bontrager H5 700x45 tires. They just feel so big and clunky riding on them. I didn't even try the saddle. I put my Brooks saddle on it right away. I also swapped the cheap pedals out. So I took the 700x38 Marathons off my Adventure, and put them on my Verve. What a big difference. I realize they put the bigger tires on this bike for a more comfortable ride, but riding on rail trails I noticed no difference between the 700x45's and the 700x 38's. What the 38's did was make the bike faster, and just feel lighter. So over all I do like the bike.